We will be opening in October 2020, dates and times to be confirmed but we hope to follow our usual weekends and half term. We have planted many different varieties, sizes and colours of pumpkins and squash. There are lots of large orange pumpkins suitable for carving as well as small squash which are delicious to eat. All our pumpkins are home grown where you find them as we never buy them in. Although you may find some small squash picked up and put into boxes or wheelbarrows. These are the most tasty varieties for eating, please ask if you need help choosing some to eat.
This year we are in the valley with a number of bridges crossing the farm ditches. Halloween corn, for decoration, provides a boundary to the field with Sunflowers providing food over winter for our wildlife. As always we have grass pathways making our fields accessible to all including those with pushchairs and wheelchairs, weather permitting. Pumpkin picking is a family event and we welcome you all, but please remember that dogs are not allowed as many people eat their squash and pumpkins. The ground can be uneven and muddy so please take care, footwear suitable for a field is advised and pumpkin stalks can be prickly so gloves are advised. Pumpkins and squash will be cut off their plants so no cutting tools are required.
The entrance to the farm is just off Stoke Road and will be signposted. We operate a one way system and you exit the ample car park through the farm yard. Please drive slowly and carefully on the grass, through the farmyard and past the houses until you reach the main road. Wheelbarrows are available for you to borrow and we suggest you bring strong bags to put your pumpkins in once you are back at your car as they can be wet or muddy.
Thursday 17th September 2020
Booking is essential and free via Eventbrite. You need to register for a time slot to visit us. You will need to give your name and an email address. There will be one price only this year to reduce queues and contact with our visitors due to COVID19.
£20 per wheelbarrow, max. 15 pumpkins or squash, max. 5 of each variety
(Max 6 persons per Wheelbarrow, payment will be taken on entering the Pumpkin field)
Monday 17th August 2020
Coronavirus (COVID19) update. We will be opening in October but we are required to do a risk assessment and make some reasonable adjustments to our farm and workforce in order to keep everybody safe. We are planning on making this years pumpkin picking a pre-booked ticket event. More details to follow.
Opening dates October 2020
Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th
Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th
Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th
Monday 26th to Friday 30th
no ticket no entry
Farm Gates will open at 9am for the morning session and close at 11am
Farm Gates will open at 1pm for the afternoon session and close at 3pm
The field will close from 12pm to 1pm between the morning and afternoon sessions and at 4pm
Please check the website, social media or the phone recorded message before leaving home on your chosen day for weather and COVID updates
Booking your Visit
- Book your free ticket (Register) online. No Ticket No entry
- Check social media, the website or the recorded phone message for any field updates before leaving home
- Arrive at the farm gate during your half hour arrival slot. Definitely not before 9am
- Have your emailed ticket QR code ready for scanning at check in
- Park car and social distance
- Sanitise your hands
- Collect your wheelbarrow in your group of maximum 6 people, (less if Government advice requires).
- Cross the bridge and pay your £20, cash or card accepted.
- Pick your pumpkins and squash. Maximum 15 in total and 5 of each variety.
- Maize and Coloured corn will count towards your 15 items.
- All wheelbarrows cannot be overloaded, must be pushable and cannot have any pumpkins falling off or being held.
- Visit the pumpkin store to pick up carving and decorating kits for your pumpkins, dont forget a mask
- Hot & Cold drinks and snacks available subject to latest government guidance
- Return to your car and exit via the farm yard
PYO Pumpkins at Beluncle Farm, Hoo, ME3 9LU, Kent
We look forward to welcoming you to the farm in October 2020.